Monday, June 4, 2012

Houston

I spent April 30-May 3in Houston for work. Lots of traveling huh! This time was for a Quarterly Meeting for the Project Services group. It was a lot of flying, and hotel-ing, and flying, and hotel-ing, and flying again, but it was a fun trip!
I hadn't ever been to Texas before, and I was surprised at how Green it was! I was expecting Rusty Dusty Desert with Cactus and tumbleweeds everywhere.
My bad.

My iPad saved me during my many lay-overs between Vernal-Denver-Houston Then Houston-Back to Denver- Overnight- Back through Denver Airport and finally home to Vernal again! Whew.

They had originally booked us in some yucky hotel that we were all afraid to go to- luckily our boss got there before us and did not approve, so we got to move to the only hotel rooms left in town- which of course were the super fancy Suites at some Spa/Resort 12 miles outside of town. It was lovely.


After our meetings that Tuesday, they took our whole group on a "Team Building Activity" to the Astros vs. Mets Baseball game at Minute Maid stadium.
I had never been to a professional baseball game before, and it was super fun!

Driving into the City.

The stadium from the outside

We sat in row 5, at the end of the foul line. They hit quite a few foul balls our direction- thank goodness for all the little kids running around with their Gloves on catching all of them!


We also got to go to the Offshore Technology Conference while there, and it was super-duper fancy. The fact that I know just enough about offshore drilling to be dangerous meant, it was kindof boring- and kindof educational at the same time.

Of course, I landed in Vernal on Justin and My 4 Yr. anniversary and when I walked out into the parking lot, I immediately saw- he got the windows tinted on my car for me while I was gone.

So so nice in this hot summer sun!!

I also came home to one-sick-puppy. Ace hadn't been feeling good all week while I was gone and when I got home, he couldn't even walk up the stairs. Justin had taken him to the vet once already, but he just wasn't getting better. I had to carry him into the vet, and when I laid him down, he did the 'splits' - couldn't even hold himself up.
Poor guy! He had lost 16 lbs. and was super dehydrated.
Thank goodness for our amazing vet George that helps us with everything our sweet "kids" have to go through! lol


All-in-all it was a good quick trip with lots of traveling, laughing, good food and lots and lots of walking {sore feet!}. I love working for such an amazing company that lets me travel and take opportunities to learn and see new places whenever possible.
Today is also little Ace's 1st Birthday!
I remember the long night- 1 year ago all those whiney little furr balls were born. I'm so glad they're all growing up and doing well so far!!


No comments:

Post a Comment