Friday, May 25, 2012

Denver...

Now that I look through my pictures, I realize that they're 4/5 of food. I guess you can tell what I was excited about for this trip!

I got to go to attend a class with a co-worker of mine. Candice and I were "on the hunt" for good food. Although, the class we went to: "Petroleum Engineering for the Non-Engineer" was a great glass! I learned so much, and I also learned that I knew more than I thought I did, which is always awesome.

I'm basically a sucker for a good bakery. Candice got the "Cookie Dough" Cupcake and I got the "Snickers" Cupcake. They didn't disappoint.



The Lava Cake from "The Chophouse" -- I always expect lava cakes to be warm-- this one wasn't, so I  wasn't amazed. Plus I don't love fruit and chocolate, and that red "drizzle" was raspberry.

We stopped for Gelato at Amore's Gelato Shop twice while on this trip. It was super delicious. Candice tried starting with a small cup, but by the time she got all her "scoops" chosen, they had to graduate her up to a large cup. Pretty funny, but she ate it! It was super yummy!

Every time I see a Horse-drawn carriage, I think of my dad. He loves his horses and loves to hitch them up to the wagon and have them pull, so I had to send him a picture of the one that was at the 16th street mall.

The Bruschetta from Maggiano's. Our entire meal at this place was amazing. I love Italian food, so that might have swayed my "vote" a litte, but still-- so delicious.

Also, Note to self. Anytime I have to go back to Denver in the future, it is so worth it  to just Fly. It's a 1 hour flight on a tiny plane vs. 6 Hours of crappy driving a crappy company truck into a super busy city with crapp-ily named streets.
Never again, will I drive to Denver, unless I absolutely have to.
Little planes. They're the way to go! 

No comments:

Post a Comment